Sunday, August 17, 2008

Fwd: [ShivaYoga] Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I knew it!



---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: yoga4you <yoga4you@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 10:01 PM
Subject: [ShivaYoga] Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I knew it!
To: shivyoga@yahoogroups.com


krshna78 is a Geek like me!

lol

hahaha

<3 dani

--- In shivyoga@yahoogroups.com, "Lisa Loves Krshna" <krshna78@...> wrote:
>
> yes Dani, you need a large Sample Size in Quantitative Research,
>
> As Opposed to Qualitatice Research where Sample Size does not play a
> signicicant role.
>
> But I like these polls, an interesting Feature and adds Variety/
> You are right, we pick up More Ouliers in a small sample Size.
>
> research in Psychiatry and Psychology are Challenging,
> as it is diffficult to do a
>
> Double Blind ramdomised control studies,
>
> Blinding is Difficult in Psychiatry and in particular
> Psychology and Physoc therapy research.
> You can do case control studes ( retrospective) , but there is recall
> bias, and Case -Control ) retrospective sutdies are fruther down in
> the Hierarchy of Research Design, althou they have thier own curical
> roles to play.
>
> Ths Polls can be compared to
> SURVEY
>
> Questinaaire Survey..
>
> where again you have a tendecy to Polairsation and
> Choose the Middle Response.
>
> i am impressed by your Knowledge on research methodology,
> My Favourite, as I used to teach
>
> statistics and research Design Methodology in
> nottingham Universtiy UK
>
>
> --- In shivyoga@yahoogroups.com, "yoga4you" <yoga4you@> wrote:
> >
> > I am not surprised by poll answers. So much depends on
> Identification
> > which is EXTREMELY subjective. There are ways of developing more
> > accurate ways of assessing idealogies and beliefs. Forced choice
> polls
> > may not be the best way to glean answers for certain questions.
> > Frankly, as an "out-of-the-box" thinker, forced choice answers
> nearly
> > never resemble what is in my mind personally.
> >
> > The method of assessment used in research is very important in
> regards
> > to data-analysis. If you are trying to find answers to specific
> > questions for a certain purpose development of an appropriate tool
> of
> > assessment is of paramount importance otherwise the data will not be
> > useful. Social sciences such as social work and psychology have
> > specific methods used to get answers to specific questions.
> >
> > That's my take on things. Anyway, I mentioned identification as an
> > important issue because you are assessing a small group of what
> would
> > probably qualify as mostly outliers in regards to the "norm" in the
> > first place. In other words, you have a group of pretty unique
> > thinkers here... and how they identify within themselves, in my
> > opinion, may influence the seemingly "not normal" responses...
> >
> > --- In shivyoga@yahoogroups.com, Army of forgotten Souls - the blue
> > Connection <Vision2028@> wrote:
> > >
> > > http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/shivyoga/polls
> > >
> > >
> > > Responses
> > >
> > > Choices
> > > Votes
> > > %
> > > 1 reply
> > > I surely do at least one hour sadhana per day
> > > 1
> > > 2
> > >
> > > Daily i practise yoga-postures
> > > 1
> > > 2
> > >
> > > I would like to live in an ashram
> > > 2
> > > 5
> > >
> > > I am more a monk (also possible for woman - 'nun' for Shiva)
> > > 2
> > > 5
> > >
> > > We can live simple and at the same time produce lots of money as
> > > Robin Hood Shiva-devotees
> > > 3
> > > 7
> > >
> > > I want a Shiva-funeral/cremation ceremony
> > > 4
> > > 10
> > >
> > > I long to surrender to a true Shiva-guru
> > > 3
> > > 7
> > >
> > > I should study more the Shiva-scriptures
> > > 1
> > > 2
> > >
> > > I would like to wear Shiva-clothes
> > > 2
> > > 5
> > >
> > > My body is clean, pure and healthy
> > > 2
> > > 5
> > >
> > > I have feelings about the Prophesy from the Himalaya / Shiva
> > > 4
> > > 10
> > >
> > > I masturbate myself several times per week
> > > 0
> > > 0
> > >
> > > Many people talk too much
> > > 5
> > > 12
> > >
> > > Shiva offers more than Allah
> > > 0
> > > 0
> > >
> > > Shiva is superior to the God of the Jews or Christians
> > > 0
> > > 0
> > >
> > > When i am angry, i loose self-rememberance
> > > 2
> > > 5
> > >
> > > I always practise or live in multi-dimensional awareness
> > > 1
> > > 2
> > >
> > > People should breathe more consciously and fuck more
> > > 4
> > > 10
> > >
> > > It is okay to beat your wife when she disobeys or obstructs you
> > > 1
> > > 2
> > >
> > > It is best - considering everything - to turn away from this
> lousy world
> > > 1
> > > 2
> > >
> > >
> > > Responses
> > >
> > > Choices
> > > Votes
> > > %
> > > 1 reply
> > > I am member of more than 20 Yahoo egroups
> > > 0
> > > 0
> > >
> > > I believe the institution of marriage is no good
> > > 3
> > > 7
> > >
> > > I prefer Parvati over Kali
> > > 2
> > > 5
> > >
> > > I live celibate (for months or years)
> > > 1
> > > 2
> > >
> > > I 'have' a guru in an authentic way
> > > 2
> > > 5
> > >
> > > I (sorta) am a guru
> > > 1
> > > 2
> > >
> > > I am member of this list to teach and help others
> > > 1
> > > 2
> > >
> > > I believe in vedic ritual (homa, yagna etc)
> > > 2
> > > 5
> > >
> > > I use dope, drugs or hashies
> > > 1
> > > 2
> > >
> > > I live in India
> > > 1
> > > 2
> > >
> > > I am under age 38
> > > 1
> > > 2
> > >
> > > Shiva is more related to Allah and Krishna than Brahma or Vishnu
> > > 2
> > > 5
> > >
> > > I believe we are approaching the end-game
> > > 3
> > > 7
> > >
> > > Hindu's should refuse to use the christian time-count
> > > 2
> > > 5
> > >
> > > I have a realistic solution to propose for the problem in/of
> Kashmir
> > > 1
> > > 2
> > >
> > > Christian Bollywood-stars should not use a Hindu-name
> > > 1
> > > 2
> > >
> > > Indians should reduce the number of cars dramatically
> > > 4
> > > 10
> > >
> > > Shiva does not like helicopters in the Himalaya - especially not
> from
> > > US army or NATO
> > > 3
> > > 7
> > >
> > > Shiva is the greatest and guru of all humanity
> > > 4
> > > 10
> > >
> > > I am a slave of Shiva
> > > 3
> > > 7
> > >
> >
>


No comments: